Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good to be home!

It is so good to be home! I was scheduled to stay until two days after the closing ceremonies but after being away for 3 weeks I realized how satisfied I was with the entire Olympic experience and that it was time to go home.

At the airport I received quite a greeting from Dan and the kids! Camille knocked me on my tush - literally! : )

My hubby... I'm not sure who was more excited me or Dan. All I know is that when I was notified of the availability for a flight out of China and I called to tell Dan I would be coming home the next day he said over and over "Oh-I love you, I love you!" I guess he missed me a little. How many hubbies do you know that would take on the challenge of caring for his three young children for 3 weeks (23 days to be exact)? What a great man! I owe you one Dan!

Ethan, age 7... Even though I had just seen Ethan in China it was so great to see him. Other than dates with Dan he has gone every where with me. I don't think he is going to let me out of his sight for awhile.

Drew, age 6... He was super snuggly for several days. Although he can't tell me he missed me, he showed me.

Camille, age 3... Notice my feet coming off the ground because she tackled me with such force! I'm pretty sure if it weren't for my backpack I would have landed flat on my back. : )

So, what took me so long between posts?

Well, I've spent the last 10 days getting back on pacific time, spending time with the kids, getting Dan through the Primary election (which he won with 58%), setting up our new Busy Bugs preschool at Roach Gymnastics, preparing our staff for Fall classes that start on Wednesday, school shopping for the kids, getting our house in order and preparing for a few speaking engagements. Whew... is that ALL I've done? Ha, ha, ha!

I promise to share more of my experience on the next post and I promise it won't take me 2 weeks to do it!

Thank you all for your kind letters, emails and phone calls. There is even a welcome home banner at the entrance of our development. I am so glad to have had the chance to represent all of you at the Olympics and it really was an honor to represent our country! It was a moment in my life that I will cherish forever!

If you didn't catch my session on T.V. or the Internet it is still available. Here is the link:

4 comments:

Soggy in Seattle said...

Aaron & I were so excited to see you do so well, congrats on your accomplishment. I'm sure it's been a whirlwind since you've been home, but when things calm down we would love to get together now that we're up here for good! Talk to you soon.

AprilA said...

Congrats, Mel! Just so you know, you brought a lot of people together who hadn't talked for a LONG time! Facebook is hopping with connections because of comments people made to posts on your blog!

Have fun doing the Mom thing again! :) Joy Joy Joy!

curly girl said...

OOO! I'm so happy to find out you have a blog! I've wanted to hear all about your experience, but I don't want to make you repeat it all to just little ol me, so this is pretty good, though I still want to see/hear MORE! So proud of you (and happy for your family that you're HOME)!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.