Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Exhausted and loving it!

There are no words to describe how exhausted I am right now. Believe it or not it's still fun, a bit crazy, but a lot of FUN! My coach is challenging me more than ever before and it is paying off. Training is going very well. Every day I pretend it's my last day in the gym. It's the hardest training cycle I've ever had. I'm enjoying the challenge.

Balancing the relocation of our gymnastics gym and Thrush Sports Performance where I train, summer break with the kids home all day, Dan's election for the State House, all the wonderful media opportunities and preparing for the most important competition of my life has proven to be a monumental challenge. Thanks to my husband, my mother, gymnastics summer camp and a very patient coach it's all working out pretty well.

It's hard to believe there are only 23 days until the opening ceremonies and only 25 days until I compete on the worlds biggest stage! I can't wait! I've been imagining this opportunity since I was 9 years old and watched Mary Lou win her perfect 10! Although I had hoped it would be in the sport of gymnastics little did I know all the time I spent in the gym flipping around was preparing me for the Olympics in a completely different sport.

Patience, persistance and surrounding yourself with great people really does MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE!

3 comments:

marian said...

congrats on all the hard work you're putting in, anxious to follow you through the next chapter of this adventure! Way to go Melanie!

s said...

you are my hero!

rizzo said...

gooooooooooooo mel! So glad I got to see you train on your last day, but still bummed I missed your party.

Best of luck and warmest wishes!

Rachel